BSL Infrastructure Zambia was contracted to construct 5 petroleum depots in various parts of the country as well as refurbish the existing depots.
This was part of the Zambia’s government plans to boost fuel capacity in the country with up to 60 million litres. These depots are spread across the capital city Lusaka as well as Ndola, Solwezi, Mongu and Mpika towns.
BSL Infrastructure scope of work of the depots project covered the following:
- Construction of 30 fuel tanks
- Set up of 1500-square-metre forecourt
- Set up of 16,000-square-metre parking slot, enough for 90 trucks
- Building of 5,000-metre-cubed water tank
- Construction of a 24-kilometre product pipeline
- Building of 12 office blocks
- Building of a 250-seater cafeteria