BSL Infrastructure was contracted by Malawi Cargo Centre Limited (MCC Limited) to renovate its MCC Fuel Depot in Kurasini Area, Dar es Salaam. The terminal has a storage capacity of 12.9 Million Litres of Automatic Gas Oil (AGO) and 8.8 Million Litres Premium Motor Spirit (PMS).
BSL scope of works included:
- Redesigning, supply, installation and commission of 12 inch pipelines of 650 m long from the Kurasini Oil Jetty (KOJ) to the reception manifolds of MCC depot.
- Design, supply and installation of Smith Meters for the Truck Loading Gantries and Rail Loading Gantries
- Design, supply, installation and commission of 22 nos. Bottom Loading Arms and couplers for the tank wagons, which move fuel between Dar es Salaam and Mbeya.
- Design, supply, and installation of 2 nos. Top Loading Arms for the Truck Loading Gantries.
- Design, supply, installation and commission of Automatic Tank Gauging (ATGs) with accessories for High Level Alarm (HLA) and Low Level Alarm (LLA).
- Design and construction of Concrete Truck Drive way - 354m long around fuel boundary wall.
- Supply materials and painting of existing tanks to client’s satisfaction.
- Lowering of tank outlets to the minimum depth as stated in the API 650 / 653.